Celgene Maintenance Manager, Manufacturing Technical Services Couvet in COUVET, NebraskaSwitzerland
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
10+ years maintenance experience in pharmaceutical sector or equivalent
7+ years managing direct reports and technical teams
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients in the area of cancer and other severe, immune and inflammatory conditions.
Celgene International Headquarters are located in Boudry (NE) and an additional manufacturing plant is being built in Couvet (NE) to support our growth. This site will primarily be dedicated to the manufacturing of solid dosage form products for patients in worldwide markets.
The Maintenance Manager is accountable for all maintenance activities across the Couvet site, including utilities, process equipment and calibration activities.
The Maintenance Manager is one of the site experts for capital projects regarding facility, utility and equipment modifications and expansions. He/she shall review proposals and present recommendations to senior management.
Couvet is a new site. This position shall develop the 3 member team into a 18 member team, ensuring the support of the project phase whilst looking forward to the operational phase.
Duties & responsabilities:
a) General Maintenance accountabilities
o Creation & tracking of KPI’s, assigning resources accordingly
o Opex and Capex budgets
o SOPs, deviations, CAPAs and Change controls
o CMMS and documentation of maintenance activities
o Safe and healthy working environment for your team
o Development and motivation of team, including;
• providing guidance and on-the-job training,
• transferring skills and knowledge between team members, and
• identifying development opportunities
b) Manage the Process Maintenance team, including
o Preventative & curative maintenance of manufacturing, packaging and QC process equipment
o Accountable for equipment down time
o Ensuring “customer service” focus
c) Manage the Utilities Maintenance team, including
o Preventative & curative maintenance of utilities, including electricity (UPS & backup generator), softend and purified water, boilers, black steam, HVAC, compressed air, etc.
o “On-Call” service for critical systems (Le Piquet)
o Site Pest Control site
d) Manage the Calibration and re-qualification team, including
o Assuring calibration and re-qualification activities are performed on time for manufacturing, packaging and QC facilities, utilities and equipment
e) Capital projects, including
o Review / propose capital investments and technical proposals and make recommendations
o Work closely with Swiss & US Facilities & Project Management departments and engineering companies
Skills and knowledge required:
• 10+ years preventive and corrective maintenance within the pharmaceutical sector or equivalent. Confident with managing maintenance of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, automation, utility (purified water, steam, HVAC, gas, etc.) and ATEX systems
• 7+ years managing direct reports and technical teams. Known for motivating and developing teams
• Engineering or Technical Degree
• Capital project experience, advantageous with GxP facility modifications / expansions working with engineering companies &/or US project management teams
• “Customer Service” oriented; inspires colleagues to be service oriented
• Practically implements safety, cGMP and maintenance best practices
• Excellent organization skills
• Fluent in French and English, both spoken and written
Maintenance Manager, Manufacturing Technical Services Couvet
Location: COUVET, NE, CH
Job ID: 17001319