Celgene Director, Translational Development-Clinical Pharmacology in Summit, New Jersey
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan and execute the following:
• Clinical Pharmacology studies for medicines development from first-in-human through post-marketing phases;
• Innovative small studies in patients to support advancement of drug candidates to Phase 2;
• Biomarker qualification studies.
• Work with statisticians, laboratory colleagues to optimally interpret and report results of completed studies.
• Design early development plans for drug candidates.
• Contribute to regulatory filings, dossiers, and updates. Collaborate with counterparts in regulatory agencies.
• Work with external and internal scientists to identify and validate new drug targets and related biomarkers.
• Work on cross-disciplinary teams to evaluate opportunities for licensing or acquisition.
• Engage in continuous learning around basic and clinical science.
• Facilitate ongoing improvement of research approaches.
• Represent Clinical Pharmacology on project teams and in governance proceedings.
• Mentor and direct others as needed.
• Travel as needed to other Celgene sites, and collaborating sites, regulatory meetings, and professional/scientific meetings. (5%-10%)
• PhD or 2+ years of relevant bench or clinical pharmacology research experience
• Completed residency in Internal Medicine, Neurology, Pediatrics, Surgery, or Clinical Pharmacology
• Completed subspecialty training (medical fellowship or clinical research)
• Translational or bench research focus in cell biology, immunology, ageing, fibrosis, or similar area
• Conversational familiarity with science outside of research specialty
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate in and lead multidisciplinary efforts
• Ability to live in the Boston area
• Desire to learn clinical pharmacology approaches
• Industry experience (helpful but not required)
• 2+ years of post-residency academic medical practice – including subspecialty training included (helpful but not required)
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Director, Translational Development-Clinical Pharmacology
Location: Summit, NJ, US
Job ID: 17000977