Celgene Bioengineer I in Warren, New Jersey
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Independently design, perform and interpret complex experiments to support analytical development objectives. Leads and advances analytical projects to Quality Operations. Facilitates growth of less experienced analytical and QC Ops scientists.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Execute/implement analytical experiments of substantial multi-variant complexity.
• Train end-users and entry level personnel on analytical processes
• Maintain a basic knowledge of cell therapy development and awareness of competitive landscape
• Present research findings to other groups
• Prioritize personal timelines
• Anticipate process problems
• Raise issues; recommend solutions to department management
• Act as a key resource/contributor in specific area of expertise within the department
• Build relationships with cross-functional teams
• Coach level 1 team members
• Provide broader scientific guidance to other departments
• Lead achievement of project milestones with significant departmental impact
• Author technical documents for interdepartmental use.
• Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
• Maintain a safe workplace in accordance with company and OSHA policies/procedures
• B.S. in Biology or related discipline with 5-8 years of relevant experience or M.S. with 3-6 years of relevant experience
• Proficiency in analytical skills; statistical analysis and effective presentation of analysis to other groups.
• Ability to write reports that require minimal revision on content
• Ability to work with minimal technical supervision and perform operational tasks independently
• Able to assess risk and develop contingency plans for process risks
• Highly motivated, drive to acquire new skills.
• Expertise in mammalian cell culture and diverse analytical techniques.
• Experience working in a regulated environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please visit www.celgene.com to learn more about current opportunities at Celgene. To apply for this position, please visit the career section.
• Celgene Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Location: Warren, NJ, US
Job ID: 17001624