Celgene Research Associate in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Company is seeking a highly-skilled and motivated scientist with experience in various aspects of chemical biology and proteomics. The Chemical Biology Group at company focuses on several key areas, including but not limited to: New target identification, target validation, elucidating drug mechanism of action, molecular basis of disease states, and the assessment and development of novel modalities for use in drug discovery. The successful candidate will provide key tools and assay data for use within these areas of research. This individual will have insatiable curiosity, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work equally well in a team or independently. The successful candidate will also possess the following:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collaborates alongside a cross-functional team that includes chemical biologists, chemists, biochemists, and proteomics experts to develop new technologies, discover new targets, and provide solutions for project teams. Experience working in this environment is a plus.
• Excellent communication, record keeping, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills are required.
• Execute experiments for project teams using chemical biology tools/platforms for validation and elucidation of key biological pathways.
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 2 years work experience.
Background in simple and complex sample preparation techniques.
• Hands-on experience with LC-MS workflow.
• An understanding of target enrichment techniques using immunoprecipitation or chemical probe pulldowns.
• Working knowledge of cellular and molecular biology techniques.
• Experience generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing the data.
• Hands-on experience in cell culture and characterization of cells from human and animal tissues.
• Engage enthusiastically and effectively in disparate projects.
• Function independently within the framework of tightly knit project teams.
• Reliably execute on team responsibilities in an efficient manner.
• Be proactive, organized, and driven by a fundamental interest in contributing to science in general, and drug discovery as a whole.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
“At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients.”
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.