Celgene Regional Business Manager/Sales Manager in Offsite, Germany
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the direction of the Business Unit Director Hematology, this individual is responsible to maximize the performance of Celgene’s products in the region. The Regional Business Manager (RBM) implements the marketing strategy and is responsible for achieving defined sales targets within an agreed expense budget. The RBM is responsible for the individual coaching and development of her/his sales team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsibility for regional sales goals and other performance expectations, as agreed with BU Head Hematology.
Responsibility for efficient regional budget planning and controlling.
Sales analysis on region level.
Definition and monitoring of basic sales goals for individual sales team member.
Determination of right targeting, segmentation and focusing as agreed with BU Head Hematology.
Individual determination of developmental needs/strengths of her/his sales team members and execution of individualized development programs.
Support of organization and implementation of medical education/training events due to her/his sales team.
Customer, market and competitive analysis for efficient territory management.
Scientific expert advice and support of key opinion leaders (KOL) in clinics and outpatient centers.
Close cooperation with responsible Regional Medical Liaison, Key Account Manager, Health
Care Manager and Sales Project Manager Hematology.
Keeps Head BU Hematology and Marketing Management informed of any market changes/competitor activities which are relevant to strategy implementation and development.
Monitoring of development and implementation of key account plans on product specialist level.
Participation in working group within the BU (Disease-, Promo-, Launch-Teams).
Participation in national and international symposia and workshops.
Establishment and further development of the project management at regional level.
• Strong identification with Celgene’s values.
Life science degree (university, college) or equivalent professional experience preferred;
alternatively, Business or Business Administration degree.
• Ideally app. 3-5 years of leadership experience in pharmaceutical industry.
• Proven successful supervision of regional sales teams is mandatory.
• High social competence and capacity for teamwork.
• Highly motivated, solution oriented and positive "can-do" attitude.
• Straight forward, success-, service-, and sales-oriented thinking and working.
• Target oriented approach based on analytical-rational planning.
• Exceptional communication and thought leadership/ strong willed.
• Excellent knowledge in Hematology is essential; special knowledge in the field of Multiple
Myeloma, MDS&AML, and Lymphomas is desirable.
• Excellent and reliable contacts with hematologists.
• Excellent and reliable contacts with opinion leaders / Myeloma, MDS&AML, Lymphoma centers in the relevant indications, within his/ her region.
• Knowledge of the distribution structures and distribution channels of drugs in hematology/oncology.
• Marketing- and sales-oriented thinking and working.
• Several years of qualified work experience in pharmaceutical sales service of a research-based, pharmaceutical company, preferred with Hematology background.
• Confident manner, good customer acceptance due to medical and scientific advisory expertise.
• Enjoying working in a sales team and doing project work as well as networking. High self-motivation.
• Good English and computer skills.
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
“At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients.”
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE